Information for Students

Information for Students

Address details

Any change of name and address is automatically retrieved from the national name and address register held by the Swedish Tax Office.If you want to use an address other than the address registered there, or change your telephone or e-mail address, you can do this yourself by logging into Ladok via "Student Login - Ladok" in the menu under "Student". If you cannot log in to Ladok, you should notify of the changes to your contact details.


  • Nuts: Because some students might have allergies to nuts, students are not allowed to bring nuts onto EHS premises or eat nuts there. However, sunflower seeds and almonds are allowed.
  • Perfume: You should not wear perfume or other strong scents.



Noticeboard in the lower foyer: Up-to-date information and news about EHS. Not intended for general display.

  • The Student Union's noticeboard to the left of the stairs, plan 2, is divided into several parts. One side is used by the students for, for example, the sale of literature and ads for accommodation, the other is for the theology groups.
  • The noticeboard to the right after the stairs on level 2 is reserved for information directed to the students of the theological program.
  • The bulletin board on floor 2 outside room 219 is for information directed to students of the Human Rights program.
  • The bulletin board outside the disabled toilet on level 2 is for general information for students.


CSN and study funding

Studies at EHS are eligible for funding from CSN.

CSN will be notified of your registration at EHS via Ladok.

Apply for study funding

  • Apply well in advance. If you are going to read a whole program, it is best to apply for support for one full academic year at a time.
  • In order to receive study funding, you must register for the courses you start. When the semester ends, you must have registered for the same number of weeks and points as stated in your study funding decision.
  • Apply at CSN

If you finish or interrupt your studies: Always report to CSN!

  • If you cancel your studies or take a study break, you are no longer entitled to study support. Therefore, it is important that you inform CSN as soon as possible, but at the latest within a week of the date you stop studying. Future payments will be stopped so you don't have to pay back any money. However, you may retain the money you have received up until the break. Read more on CSN

If you or your relatives fall ill report the sickness to the Social Insurance Office!

  • It is important to report sickness to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringkassan) when you receive study support from CSN so that you can keep your grants and loans while you are sick. CSN can also take into account that you have been ill when looking at your study results. You must therefore register as soon as possible, preferably the first day you are ill. Read more on CSN's website.
  • There is no obligation to report illness to EHS, but it is good that the teacher is notified of your absence and the reason for it. Teachers’ email addresses can be found under Contact, but messages can also be sent via Canvas. All teaching at EHS is compulsory - see further on this page under the heading "Teaching".



Make sure that messages from EHS do not end up in spam. You should be able to find "Spam settings" or something similar in the settings.

If you have an address that does not allow unlimited number of messages (eg hotmail), it is important that you regularly empty your mailbox so that messages are processed.

It is incumbent on the student to notify any change of e-mail address to the EHS administration:



Theology and human rights:

- Template in Word format

- Template in pdf format

Supervision contract Theology and human rights

Requirements for the bachelor’s theological program, PM for students.

Requirements for the bachelor’s MR (Human Rights) program, PM for students.


Degree certificate in Theology

An application for a degree certificate in theology must be made no later than May 15 for issue within that academic year. If necessary, contact the study guide for consultation regarding the course details for the certificate. The student must have paid the student fee to be entitled to a certificate.

The certificate is an original document and is issued only once. However, if you have changed your social security number, you are entitled to a new certificate. If so, contact the study guide for the theological program.

Form Bachelor's Degree in Theology 180 credits

Form Master's Degree in Theology 60 credits

Form Master's Degree in Theology 120 credits


Degree Certificate Human Rights

An application for a degree certificate must be submitted no later than May 15 to be issued before the end of the academic year. Otherwise, the degree application can be submitted as soon as all the requirements for the degree are met and it will be issued during the next academic year. The student must have paid the student fees to be entitled to a diploma. The diploma is an original document and is issued only once. However, if you have changed your social security number, you are entitled to a new certificate. If so, contact the study guide on the human rights program:


Examination certificate / Registry excerpt

Since most students can obtain certificates directly from Ladok, via "Student login - Ladok" in the menu under "Student", no result certificates are sent to students until after the end of the school year. Anyone who is unable to obtain a certificate himself can order a printout from

A certificate is always sent to students after the degree has been issued. Note that the certificate is a document of value that you should keep. We do not send out copies of certificates.


Continued studies

If a student has met the required prerequisites (check these carefully), they can begin new courses. It is possible to start new courses even if up to 15 credits remain outstanding from courses which have not been completed. If the number of points outstanding is greater than 15, it is incumbent on the student to contact the study guide for study planning. If a course is started without these requirements being met, the student risks being asked to leave the course.

Students on programs register themselves for courses to the study counselors. The applications for stand-alone courses / online courses is made at



State universities have accident insurance for their students via the Kammarkollegiet, but unfortunately, as an independent university, we cannot take out such insurance. So you as a student need to make sure that you have accident insurance so that you are protected in case of accidents.


Recording of lectures

1. Sound recording, photography and filming in teaching situations are allowed. You should let the teacher know about your intention to record or film before the lecture.

2. The teacher has the right to explicitly prohibit recording during the teaching session if they believe that recording would interfere with the teaching activity. Such a prohibition must be justified. Any student who is participating in the teaching situation has the right to ask the teacher to prohibit recording.

3. Students with disabilities, who have received a decision on support measures by the university's coordinator for students with disabilities due to the disability, are not covered by these rules.

4. Permission to film or record does not imply that such recordings may be disseminated or made available in a manner contrary to the Copyright (literary and artistic) law (1960: 729), or any other law. The student is only entitled to use the recording for his or her own private use.

5. These rules do not affect the university's ability to record, photograph and film lectures and other teaching situations as part of the university's activities.



EHS uses the LADOK platform to register students’ details and progress. Course registrations and grades from EHS are included in the national Ladok system and are downloaded both to CSN and to Note, however, that the qualifications on will only be updated if you have a current application there. Read more at Link>

Older qualifications, however, will not be entered into LADOK. Anyone who has courses in curriculum 3 or earlier (ie course codes starting at 3 or lower, ex 3-XX-XXX) must continue to submit a certificate from THS in order to obtain these qualifications. In principle, there are courses from 1 July 2007 in Ladok. If you notice that courses that should be in LADOK do not appear to be included, please contact the course administrator or study director.


LADOK - Student login

By logging in as a student to Ladok you can find information about admissions, registrations and results. You can also check, and if necessary change, your contact information and obtain national certificates of your results. To use the service, you either use your login information at or eduID, a kind of e-identification for the university. Go to Student Login: Link>


Equal treatment

EHS works to combat harassment and discrimination of all kinds and to promote the equal rights of students, regardless of gender, ethnic, religious or other beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.

If, as a student, you feel that you have been subjected to abusive treatment, you should, if possible, first speak with the person(s) who acted against you or contact the student union. If this does not help, contact the Dean.

Read more about the law on equal treatment of students at the university and our action plan. 



Acknowledgment of key

All students at EHS who want to stay in the premises when the front doors are locked must sign out an electronic tag that acts as a key. This key tag is issued for a small fee by the caretaker whose office is located in the administration corridor on the entrance level. He is usually there Monday to Thursday, 10 am-11.30am. He is available at other times by agreement. The caretaker is not there on Fridays.


Food and coffee

Lunch times and coupons

The restaurant is open 11.30-13.00. The cost of lunch is SEK 80 (80 Kronor). Food vouchers are sold in booklets of 10 for 650 SEK (650 Kronor).

Coffee is served in the restaurant in the mornings at 9.30-10.30 and afternoons 14.00-15.00.

Please note that the restaurant is closed when the folkhögskola has holidays: sportlov (spring break) påsklov (Easter break) höstlov (autumn break) etc. At these times teaching continues as normal here at EHS. You can easily stay up-to-date with their opening times via the restaurant's facebook page

The common area and coffee room on the upper level.

In the common area there are vending machines with coffee / tea and with soft drinks / sweets. Microwave ovens are available to warm food you have brought yourself. Please note that users of the common area and coffee room are responsible for washing dishes and putting away used plates and cups.


Attendance requirements

EHS applies mandatory attendance. The university's educational profile is based on the close interaction between students, teachers and literature. The student must ensure that they make up for lost teaching time.

Regarding lectures, with the approval of the teacher a student can be absent for up to 20% of lectures. The teacher has the right to ask those who have more than 20% absence to carry out extra tasks, to compensate for lost teaching. If the student has an absence level of 50% or more, the course is considered to be canceled, even if assessed assignments have been completed.

With regard to seminars / group exercises and other group teaching opportunities 100% attendance applies. Scheduled seminars / group exercises at EHS are mandatory. Preparation for these and active participation in them are counted as part of the assessment. The teacher in each course determines the type of preparation and participation required. In the case of any absence, the teacher has the right to request a supplementary assignment instead.



A parking card (P-skiva) is valid at Enskilda University College parking. You will be allowed 2 hours in the small visitor parking and 4 hours in the large parking lot. There is also a fee parking next to the EHS.

Parking permits for EHS students are valid weekdays from 8am to 6pm and can be obtained from the caretaker.

Personal data processing - students

University College Stockholm (EHS) processes personal data in accordance with Swedish law. When you have your personal data registered or otherwise processed, you are entitled to certain information. Read more here>


PM Writing and Examination

- EHS template for bibliography and references MR (Human Rights) and theological program

- About examination and written exam details. Plagiarism and cheating, see page 4 of the document.


Mailboxes for students

Corrected assignments will be placed in students’ post boxes. Program students have individual boxes grouped by year. Students on a free-standing course share boxes by groups listed in alphabetical order. Theology students have their mailboxes to the right of the stairs on floor 2. MR (Human Rights) students have their mailboxes outside room 220 on floor 2.


Mailboxes for EHS teachers

The administration corridor contains mailboxes for teachers and staff. Here, messages, PMs, home exams, etc. can be delivered to the EHS staff


Sick, caring for children or close relatives

It is important to remember that if you have study funding, in order to keep your study funds in case of illness, you must make a sick report to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) on the first day you are ill. CSN does not count the weeks you are ill and in receipt of study funding towards the total number of weeks you are allowed for study funding. Those weeks are also not counted when CSN assesses your study results. Even shorter periods of sickness can affect the assessment of your study results. It is therefore important that you always report to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) when you are ill. Read also what happens when you take care of children or relatives:  Read more on CSN's website.

There is no obligation to report sickness absence to EHS, but it is good that the teacher is notified of your absence and the reason for it. Teacher's email addresses can be found under Contact. All teaching at EHS is compulsory - see below under the heading "Teaching" below. 


Student housing

Tempus in Åkeshov

Stiftelsen Stockholm Studentbostäder (SSSB)

The housing association in Stockholm


Student Union at EHS

The student union room is on floor 2. Opening hours are shown on the door.

For more information, see Student Union


Study interruptions

If for some reason a student cannot continue with their studies they should report this immediately. Students on programs should report it to their study counselors and students on stand-alone courses should report to 


Study breaks

Program students may request study breaks, which are normally granted for a maximum of two years. Unless re-registration has been made by April 1 or October 1 (respectively) for courses beginning in the next study semester, the student is removed from the student register.

Form Application for study breaks >>



  • In order for study results to be registered, the student fees must be paid.
  • Registration: For the first (regular) examination on a course, the student does not need to register. For a re-examination the student must always register at least one week in advance: Registration is made prior to being re-examined, via the form on the website: Register the re-examination. Before a home assessment, registration is made directly to the respective teacher or according to the teacher's instructions.
  • Grading scale: A = Outstanding, B = Very good, C = Good, D = Satisfactory, E = Adequate, Fx = Inadequate, completion possible, F = Inadequate, TG = Adequate. The teacher will inform students about the form and time of the exam as well as what is required for each grade. Exam results are announced by the teacher, usually within two to three weeks. Results of any re-examination however may take longer.
  • Students who have failed or been prevented from attending the regular examination are offered a first re-examination opportunity a few weeks later. Students must register their intention to participate in the re-examination no later than one week in advance on a form on the website Registration retake. Prior to a home exam, registration is made directly to the respective teacher or according to the teacher's instructions. It is not possible for a re-examination to raise an approved grade.
  • Students who are not approved after the second opportunity should contact the teacher as soon as possible for consultation regarding the timing of the new examination.
  • The student is then referred to opportunities for examination in the following academic year's course. Times for the examination will appear in the schedule. Not later than one week before the exam, you must report your wish to participate to the teacher responsible for the course at the time. Further opportunities to be examined are granted only in exceptional circumstances. For information about deadlines for homework, the presentation of PMs (essays) etc, contact the course teacher at the beginning of the course. For teacher assignments see the current schedule, for email addresses, search in "Contact".
  • Corrected classroom assessments are returned during lessons or through student mailboxes. If you want them to be sent to your home, a stamped-addressed envelope (at least double the standard postage) must be given to the teacher. Corrected online course exams returned by the responsible teacher. They are saved for one year after the assessment date.
  • Online Courses: For written exams other than those done in the classroom, the material must be submitted electronically in Canvas or according to the teacher's instructions.
  • The mailboxes are emptied every summer. Collected exams are saved one year after the examination date and can be collected from the respective study guide. Then the exams are thrown away.

The following rules apply for the examination:

  • The student must present an approved ID. A driver's license, passport and ID card are counted as approved credentials.
  • In relation to the beginning of the examination period, students are allowed to come up to half an hour late. Students will not be allowed to take part in the examination after this.
  • Students may leave the room after 45 minutes at the earliest
  • Bags and coats should be placed at the back of the office.
  • Mobile phones must be switched off and stored in a bag or coat/jacket.
  • Wallets should be stored in a bag or coat/jacket.
  • Students may only leave the room for toilet visits.
  • Toilet visits. Only one student at a time may leave the hall and each student who leaves the room must sign a list held by the examination invigilator. They should delete their names when they return.
  • Students may bring their own coffee and snacks into the examination room if they wish.
  • Corrected examinations are returned at a later lesson or in sealed envelopes via the students' mailboxes. If you would like the corrected examination to be sent to your home address you must provide the examination invigilator with a stamped addressed envelope.

Oral exam

Oral examinations can be done individually or in groups, according to the teacher's instructions and according to a schedule that is set at the beginning of the course. In special cases, a teacher may, in consultation with the student group, replace the written examination with an oral one. Oral examinations cannot replace written assessments for individual students except to adjust minor aspects of the original examination or in the case of students with registered disabilities.

Supplementary assignments

Teachers may request supplementary assignments if a student has, for example, missed a seminar. Furthermore, teachers can require supplementary assignments from students in cases where misunderstandings have contributed to a lack of clarity about the requirements for the assessment.



See Assessment